Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Passenger Trains > Northeast Regional info

Date: 08/30/16 12:15
Northeast Regional info
Author: KB6GZ

On October 8th my wife and I will need the take the Northeast regional from Southbay terminal in Boston to Penn station in Baltimore.

Do you have to buy tickets ahead of time and make a reservation for a specific train. Since it's Saturday will the train be less crowded. That's important since I will be in a wheelchair.

We have never done this before so a few helpful hints would be appreciated.

Rick
San Diego

Date: 08/30/16 12:22
Re: Northeast Regional info
Author: Lackawanna484

A reservation is required, you can do that on line or by phone. Amtrak has a fare code for passenger with disability.

At both south station and Baltimore Penn, red caps are available to help with your bags etc. And, board you early. With advance notice, train crews should be able to help with your bags in BAL. And arrange a red cap etc.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/30/16 12:25
Author: KB6GZ

We will be getting off a cruise ship early that morning so once we find an accessible taxi or limo we will head straight to the station.

I have a smartphone that will probably work with the Antrak app.

Thanks,

Rick
San Diego

Date: 08/30/16 13:05
Author: toledopatch

It's Saturday, yes, but it's also Columbus Day weekend, so travel may be a bit heavier than a typical early-autumn Saturday.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds