Home Open Account Help 190 users online

Passenger Trains > Southbound Silver Meteor

Date: 09/25/16 14:44
Southbound Silver Meteor
Author: RFandPFan

Yesterday at Folkston, Georgia.  It was following Q141 so I was able to catch it twice.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/25/16 15:25
Re: Southbound Silver Meteor
Author: RevRandy

THANK YOU!  for those of us who live miles from any train, much less AMTRAK, these kind of videos fill a great void -- love the warning bells, the horn, and the full sound of the engines -- on the first run-by the flickers of sunlight through the trees on the recediing Meteor are fantastic.  

(wonder how many meals I have had on that former NYC diner .... grew up in a NYC family so traveled many miles on the family pass and then my pass.  Just think: that diner is almost as old as I am and still running -- gives me hope!)

Date: 09/25/16 15:40

Glad you enjoyed it.  I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a professional photographer, but I enjoy video taping and documenting rail action.  In the 1980's and 90's I lived in northern Virginia and took a lot of video of the RF&P and CSX.  Back then I had an old Sears VHS camcorder.  While not the greatest quality, I'm sure glad I took a lot of video of trains and scenes that have since disappeared.  I use an HD/stereo digital camcorder now.  I digitized all my old VHS tapes as they started to deteriorate.

I post my full videos on that You-know-what channel under the name of Georgia Rail Videos in case you are interested.

Date: 09/25/16 15:41
Author: UP951West

Enjoyed your video with the meteor @ 79 mph. Thanks for sharing !

Date: 09/25/16 16:01
Author: goneon66

great stuff............

Date: 09/25/16 17:25
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

"....I digitized all my old VHS tapes as they started to deteriorate...?

DIY? If so how, or where?

Date: 09/25/16 18:19

Lurch_in_ABQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "....I digitized all my old VHS tapes as they
> started to deteriorate...?
>  
> DIY? If so how, or where?

Used a digital converter, very simple plug in device. You can search on line, there are a few different ones. Biggest obstacle is that it creates huge digital files.  I had to purchase some 4TB external hard drives to archive them.  I archived them on 2 separate HD's in case of a failure.

Date: 09/26/16 09:19
Author: PennPlat

www.bnh.com has every photo device you can imagine and more.

Date: 09/26/16 13:44

PennPlat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> www.bnh.com has every photo device you can imagine
> and more.

B&H is great, that's where I got the digital converter and my digital camcorder.  Great prices and service.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds