Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Passenger Trains > Timetables - On Line availability

Date: 09/26/16 16:37
Timetables - On Line availability
Author: Gene_CA

New iOS and improved Amtrak site does not seem to allow easy access to full PDF timetables.  Using my old desktop with Windows 7 seems to work OK.  Why do we keep improving things till they are almost useless.  It took me almost a month to realize the iOS was a part of the problem.  

Date: 09/26/16 16:51
Re: Timetables - On Line availability
Author: joemvcnj

Is there any way to force a Smartphone to load the desktop version of a website ?

Date: 09/26/16 17:20
Author: barrydraper

I can only speak for the Apple iPnone with iOS 9, but using Firefox browser ap, if you scroll to the bottom of the mobile home page there is a clickable link to "Full Website" for most web sites.  Amtrak has one, and it loads the full desktop version, including links to the .pdf schedules.

Barry Draper

Date: 09/26/16 20:09
Author: GenePoon

Using Firefox on Android, the menu that drops down at the upper right corner includes "Request Desktop Site"
which is useful when a mobile site doesn't include a link to the desktop version...but Amtrak.com does.

Date: 09/27/16 10:39
Author: DivergingClear

With the default iOS browser, Safari, just load Amtrak's main page and click on "Full Website" at the bottom.  Then navigate to Schedules.  The PDF timetable for the route you click (or the system timetable) will open right in Safari.

Date: 09/27/16 12:56
Author: BRAtkinson

One of the costs of buying the newest, latest, greatest technology, especially operating systems, is not every program, app, or website is fully capable with it, yet.  That's the 'cost' one has to bear as not all technology moves as fast as the 'leader'.  Some take over a year to be compatible with new versions of an operating system.

Date: 09/29/16 03:03
Author: DavidP

I use Safari to reach the Amtrak desktop site, then download the PDF timetable into iBooks.  Handy to have when traveling.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds