Passenger Trains > Lamy, NM

Date: 09/26/16 18:04
Lamy, NM
Author: ATSF2324

A few from Lamy, NM.

Date: 09/26/16 22:52
Re: Lamy, NM
Author: mp51w

That's an angle you usually don't see.  Thanks!

Date: 09/28/16 09:36
Author: cutboy2

Private  cars on #  3  this  friday at Lamy. I  get on  #4  Monday  for my usual  nice trip home!!

Date: 09/28/16 15:00
Author: jmonier

Apparently Santa Fe Southern will now move private cars between Lamy and Santa Fe.  Silver Rapids and Silver Solarium are tentatively scheduled to go to Santa Fe on Dec 23 PM and return on Dec 26 PM.

Date: 09/28/16 21:47
Author: frntinplate

Should be interesting.  Track is totally weed covered south of the interstate bridge, nothing seems to have been operating for a long time. .  Also,1 locomotive, flatcar, some passenger cars and caboose sitting and rusting to the rails on the main just south of I25 overpass. Will require some switching and a place to store the stuff if they really want to run all the way into SantaFe proper.  Any updates on when this might really happen would be appreciated.   Info as of this past weekend. 

Date: 09/29/16 05:53

http://www.calzephyrrailcar.com/California_Zephyr_Railcar_Charters/Tours/Tours.html

The trip on which this may happen is the "Holidays in Santa Fe" but until it says "***This trip WILL OPERATE***" it's not even sure that the whole trip will go.  The fact that details for the Lamy - Santa Fe portion are listed at all means that they have been in contact with Santa Fe Southern and have gotten some sort of a committment, but these things can change at the last minute and the listing may not reflect that.

I've been on a number of trips with these people and know them pretty well.  They've been in business for 35 years.  They run a class operation and if anybody can make this happen, they can.

Date: 09/29/16 16:41
Photos of SFS stored train/cars/loco
Author: frntinplate

Taken this past weekend, sure looks like things have not moved in a while. View of track is looking south just past the first road crossing after the I25 overpass. 

Sue would like to see the passenger extra run to make sure the line remains open and operating.  

Date: 09/29/16 18:45
Re: Photos of SFS stored train/cars/loco
Author: nhiwwrr

Weeds and rust haven't stopped short lines from operating for over 100 years...why would it now?

Posted from Android

Date: 09/29/16 19:21
Author: prr60

Does Santa Fe Southern still exist as a corporate entity? Their website points to GoDaddy.com. On the other hand, has RailRunner ever handled PV's to Santa Fe? There's an operation that could use extra revenue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/16 19:22 by prr60.

Date: 09/29/16 22:05
Author: 1976

I wonder if the Rail Runner asked them to leave the yard in Santa Fe. Up until about 6 months ago, this equipment was parked at the depot.

Date: 09/29/16 22:16

prr60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  On
> the other hand, has RailRunner ever handled PV's
> to Santa Fe? There's an operation that could use
> extra revenue.

An attempt was made a couple of years ago to contact them to see if it could be done. Apparently no one there was interested in talking about it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds