Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Passenger Trains > MBTA Kawasaki Rebuilds at Forge Park (Franklin, MA)

Date: 09/28/16 11:50
MBTA Kawasaki Rebuilds at Forge Park (Franklin, MA)
Author: Frank30

I was in the area of Forge Park at noon today and saw a train in the station so drove in. Circled the upper lot to find a space to park and noticed 1721
leading the train, just what I what I was looking for as I am building models of the K cars. Upon walking down the platform I passed 719D which had
end gates, end air intakes, reflective striping, indicia for bikes, side destination signs, side markers at the doors, door handles removed.By the time I 
recovered from that surprise I reached the front of the train and 1721D.  End gates, headlights moved up to accommodate the gates, but number plate
was squeezed up against yellow stripe, electronic horn, front air intakes.  I had considered taking the camera, but it was raining, so I didn't.  The 800s
and 1800s are blurring into the 700s and 1700s.  I attempted to engage the engineer with a question, but he would have nothing of that. He was having
a problem getting into the cab, the door handle was no longer there, his key would not open the door, nor would the emergency door opener. He was
not a happy camper!  
Anybody else in the Boston area come across these rebuilds yet!  Does the D after the car number inducate Old Colony line equipment with centrally
operated doors??  Whoever is doing the work has done a really nice job....almost look like brand new cars.
Frank30 (Boston) 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds