Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Passenger Trains > Got my ticket to ride...Amtrak Fall Excursion Questions?

Date: 10/24/16 23:04
Got my ticket to ride...Amtrak Fall Excursion Questions?
Author: railwaybaron

I finally picked-up a canceled ticket for Sunday's Amtrak Fall Excursion. Thanks everyone who gave me advice! BTW, will it travel over the old LVRR to Allentown and return on the Reading/CNJ? Anyone know what side of the train has the best views?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/16 23:42 by railwaybaron.

Date: 10/25/16 06:40
Re: Got my ticket to ride...Amtrak Fall Excursion Questions?
Author: CPR_4000

https://www.amtrak.com/fall-foliage-aboard-the-autumn-express-train

West to Harrisburg via LV-Allentown-RDG-Harrisburg. Return to NY via PRR Harrisburg-PHL-NYP Sounds like a great trip!

Date: 10/25/16 07:43
Author: bioyans

As another poster said, it is traveling on the NS Lehigh/Reading/Harrisburg lines to Harrisburg. At Harrisburg the train will be turned, and travel the Amtrak Keystone Corridor/NEC back.

My suggestion, is to try and sit on the right side of the train. That will give you views of the Lehigh Canal and River outbound, and portions of the Susquehanna and Delaware River on the way back.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/25/16 08:47
Author: Pattenburg

The left side will also give one a different perspective of Bethlehem Steel's former facility, known as Steel Stacks, in Bethlehem, PA.

Date: 10/25/16 17:04
Author: joemvcnj

As far as foliage goes in Central Jersey, it ain't much this year. There is a lot of green and shriveled up yellow when they are about to fall off. Not so much red and orange. Maybe it is the drought and Indian summer in October tricking the trees.

I haven't seen the chipmunks scurrying around going nuts in September and October while there are lots of acorns laying around.  Maybe it'll be a mild winter.

Date: 10/26/16 16:47
Author: sig292

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.amtrak.com/fall-foliage-aboard-the-aut
> umn-express-train
>
> West to Harrisburg via
> LV-Allentown-RDG-Harrisburg. Return to NY via PRR
> Harrisburg-PHL-NYP Sounds like a great trip!

Looks very similar to a trip I rode back in 1984!
Ken Gear

Date: 10/28/16 11:56
Author: Jishnu

Yep. was on that trip.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds