Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Passenger Trains > Northbound Over Kayuta Lake Trestle, Adirondack Scenic Railroad

Date: 10/25/16 15:58
Northbound Over Kayuta Lake Trestle, Adirondack Scenic Railroad
Author: ut-1

With just two more trips scheduled in late November, Adirondack Scenic's runs from Utica to Thendara, NY, 104 miles round-trip, are nearing an end for this season.

Here is Adirondack's 1502, a 1947 EMD product, en route to Thendara,leading its train over Kayuta Lake trestle in Forestport, NY in the early afternoon of Oct. 23rd.

These tracks were once part of New York Central's Adirondack Division.

The sun's angle was troublesome but I thought the video was worth posting regardless.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/25/16 16:15
Re: Northbound Over Kayuta Lake Trestle, Adirondack Scenic Railro
Author: krm152

Very interseting video.  Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

Date: 10/26/16 02:56
Author: ClubCar

krm152 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very interseting video.  Thanks for posting.
> ALLEN
I'll second that!!
John

Date: 10/26/16 11:05
Author: MEKoch

Plenty of power - 3 units for those cars

Date: 10/26/16 11:20
Author: train1275

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plenty of power - 3 units for those cars

Well yes and no regarding plenty of power. HP yes, but adhesion is the issue. I've had a devil of a time in the fall pulling six cars up Remsen Hill with two units, especially from north of Barneveld about MP 17 to MP 19. There have been times they've run a Utica pusher to get a train to Remsen from Utica due to slick rail from the leaves in the fall. The grade from MP 50 north of McKeever bridge up to Camel's Hump towards Thendara can also be challenging with slick rail. I've also put units in dynamic coming down the hill only to get the wheel slip buzzer and light in minimum dynos. Normally set the air and burn off the leaf residue and keep things warm and clean. That stuff can be like hard smooth glare ice on a highway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/16 11:21 by train1275.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds