Date: 10/26/16 07:52
Business class on the Lake Shore limited
Author: KansasCityChief

Business class starts today

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/26/16 08:13
Re: Business class on the Lake Shore limited
Author: twropr

Can one of you who sees the train verify that the full Boston section has returned to the train?  Another forum shows the train consisting of a Baggage, sleeper, Amcafe (with Business Class) and two coaches on the head-end with the NY coaches, diner and sleeper trailing.  Is the now 12-car train still operating with a single P42?
Andy

Date: 10/26/16 08:18
Author: KansasCityChief

yes , one locomotive still

Date: 10/26/16 09:31
Author: DavidP

Looks like the BOS sleeper is back - Amtrak.com will sell you a bedroom on today's 449 for a little over a grand.

Dave

Date: 10/26/16 10:18
Author: fulham

Saw the EB Lakeshore pass by Chesterton, IN last night (10/25) on the railstream camera.  Consist was Boston section up front (VL baggage, sleeper, AmCafe, coaches) and NY section on rear (coaches, diner-lite, 2 sleepers, VL baggage, and a deadheading AmCafe).  

Date: 10/26/16 10:45
Author: sums007

DavidP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like the BOS sleeper is back - Amtrak.com
> will sell you a bedroom on today's 449 for a
> little over a grand.
>
> Dave

Yikes.  It was ONLY $700.00 + earlier this morning.

Date: 10/26/16 15:09
Author: andersonb109

That cost seems excessive. I just booked a bedroom (Cabin for 2) on The Canadian between Winnipeg and Toronto (2 nights) for just over $1,000 U.S. And the experience will be far better than anything Amtrak can even think about providing. 

Date: 10/26/16 19:09
Author: ProAmtrak

Hopefully they do this on 29 and 30, the Eastern Trains have it easy since you get to the end point if you're going end to end on the following day, that works! Hope Amtrak also restores a full diner on 48/448 and 49/449!

Date: 10/27/16 05:49
Author: NYC4096

With the intent of travelling Chicago to NYP, I was checking Amtrak.com for a Business Class fare.  I found that one can book Business Class seats to Albany.  However, I can't figure out how to continue on to NYP as there's no Business Class yet on the Albany - NYP sector of my trip (and no pricing for same that I can find).  Wore out my alleged brain trying for over 30 minutes to get sufficient reasoning on the matter from Julie.  Asked a question (no reply)  Used keywords (no reply) Julie still sucks, over. 

Will call 800-USA-RAIL to sort this out, my question for Agent:
Why can't a passenger book Business Class (hypothetically) Chicago to NYP, ride in the Business Class seat Chicago to Albany and then and transfer to a coach seat at Albany for the ride to NYP?  Same on the return...  Ride coach from NYP to Albany, then switch to a Business Class seat there for the duration of the trip to Chicago.  Seems easy, right, but HOW does that work?

Date: 10/27/16 06:59
Author: joemvcnj

It is like taking a sleeper for part of the trip to cut costs. You can get a live agent to do it, but the on-line application for the consumer cannot.

Date: 10/27/16 12:47
Author: StarlightRider

NYC4096 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the intent of travelling Chicago to NYP, I
> was checking Amtrak.com for a Business Class
> fare.  I found that one can book Business Class
> seats to Albany.  However, I can't figure out how
> to continue on to NYP as there's no Business Class
> yet on the Albany - NYP sector of my trip (and no
> pricing for same that I can find).  Wore out my
> alleged brain trying for over 30 minutes to get
> sufficient reasoning on the matter from Julie. 
> Asked a question (no reply)  Used keywords (no
> reply) Julie still sucks, over. 
>
> Will call 800-USA-RAIL to sort this out, my
> question for Agent:
> Why can't a passenger book Business Class
> (hypothetically) Chicago to NYP, ride in the
> Business Class seat Chicago to Albany and then and
> transfer to a coach seat at Albany for the ride to
> NYP?  Same on the return...  Ride coach from NYP
> to Albany, then switch to a Business Class seat
> there for the duration of the trip to Chicago. 
> Seems easy, right, but HOW does that work?
>
>  

Like I said on another similar thread, use the Multi-City option, I don't see why this won't work online thru the Amtrak website.
 I tried to attach a screenshot of a booking done this way, taken on my iPad, but this website won't accept it, oh well.
Try booking that way and see what you come up with,I am curious to know what results you get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/16 12:57 by StarlightRider.

Date: 10/27/16 13:31
Author: joemvcnj

It will work breaking the trip at Albany on 49, but not for 48 since Albany is only a D stop.

On 48, you will have to try that at some stop west of Albany. You may have some difficulty walking from the Boston to the New York section after it passes Amsterdam since they will shut down the dinette car, throw everyone out, and lock the door on the rear of the Boston section and/or front of the NY section.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds