Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Passenger Trains > Metra F59PH and other Trains at Clinton Street in Chicago

Date: 11/29/16 20:43
Metra F59PH and other Trains at Clinton Street in Chicago
Author: kevink

It was such a nice day in Chicago that I decided to take a long walk during lunch. I wound up where Clinton Street crosses the Metra tracks coming out of Union Station. The tracks into Ogilvie Transportation Center pass overhead just east of Clinton St. One can see four to five trains in short order between 12:20 and 12:40.
First up today was Amtk 12 shoving an inbound Hiawatha Service train into Union Station.
Next up was an inbound Metra train with METX 99 pushing. It looks like Metra has finally gotten the bugs out of this locomotive as it is running solo instead of being paired with another locomotive. This is the first photo of any of the F59PH motors that I have been able to get.
After the 99 cleared the scene, westbound Train #2217 heading for Elgin on the Milwaukee West District is led by METX 424 over Clinton St.

Date: 11/29/16 20:43
Re: Metra F59PH and other Trains at Clinton Street in Chicago
Author: kevink

Next up was Train #2117 bound for Fox Lake via the Milwaukee North District pulled by METX 104.
I started walking back to the office only to hear the crossing bells start. This train is likely a deadhead move to the yard at Western Avenue and is led by METX 419.
Not a bad way to spend my lunch hour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/16 20:47 by kevink.

Date: 11/30/16 07:41
Author: GP25

The Original F59PH looks good in the Metra Paint Scheme.

I kinda wish this model was more popular. When it was in production.

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 11/30/16 08:55
Author: kbmiflyer

Great little location, especially since we "lost" the old spotting location near the intersection of Canal and Milwuakee with the recent high rise construction.

Love how the new Metra paint scheme looks on a variety of locomotives.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds