Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Passenger Trains > I am back from the Cruise and great train ride St. Kitts.

Date: 12/01/16 10:22
I am back from the Cruise and great train ride St. Kitts.
Author: railcity

Well I am back from the Royal Princess Trip, Great Cruise on Royal Princess, Great Food and Great Tours of all the islands. I love the Train ride on the Scenic Railway St. Kitts The Sugar Train with 5 cars and 1 engines, Full train of people .  Its one best train rides in the world. I would take that tour again sometimes. But the Rum, they serve on that train is Way to Strong for Me and my Mom to Drink, so had to drink fruit punch. We was on the train for 2 plus hours for 18 miles by rail then 12 Miles by tour bus back Ship. But here Bad part trip, before the Cruise.On Nov 14  Checking into the Cambria Suite in Dania Beach, FL, Check into are room. I fall over some Furniture in the room try to find a light switch in the room. Hotel had call 911 with Ambulance at 11:30 P.M. at night to rushing to me Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, FL spend 4 plus hours in that fine Hospital. I had have 9 sutures in my head with brain scan too. I am glad we home from the trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/16 10:27 by railcity.

Date: 12/01/16 10:35
Re: I am back from the Cruise and great train ride St. Kitts.
Author: kevink

Oww! Glad you are okay and didn't miss the rest of your trip because of it.

Date: 12/01/16 11:38
Author: wigwag

Did You Get Some Pics? You prolly should contact a lawyer and see what you Can Do about the furniture thing. The motel didnt leave the Light on for you. But then you always wanted to have a nice trip. I love it their.

Date: 12/01/16 11:42
Author: boejoe

Maybe with the head injury he's only "dreaming" about the train ride on St Kitts (LOL)

Date: 12/01/16 16:41
Author: 3rd_Raton

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe with the head injury he's only "dreaming"
> about the train ride on St Kitts (LOL)

There is a narrow gauge railroad line that pretty much circles the island. They run an tourist train around the loop using double desk cars (think narrow gauge Superliners!)

Go to Youtube and enter "st kitts train ride" into the search box. I suggest "St Kitts Scenic Railway" by Signal Light Productions for a good background on the railway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/16 16:46 by 3rd_Raton.

Date: 12/01/16 21:00
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Had Christopher Columbus had a slower boat, he too could have ridden the St Kitts Scenic Railway, except by the time of his later arrival it might have been known as the East Indies People Mover.

Date: 12/02/16 06:00
Author: Lackawanna484

It's a fine ride, with great scenery. The 151 proof rum is great, too

Posted from Android

Date: 12/02/16 19:03
Author: railstiesballast

In 1987 my wife and I went on a small boat cruise that included St. Kitts.
We flew into the island after dark and I was completely surprised when the bus stopped at a grade crossing.  In the distance I could see lights in an engine house.
At that time it was still hauling cane, and although I took a few pictures of the right of way I never saw a train.
It should be great, and going to the Caribean opened up a whole new aspect of Western Hemisphere history to me (not a pretty story but it is the reality.)
If we get back there the St. Kitts train is a high priority.

Date: 12/02/16 21:28
Author: railcity

The trip is worth the $6,000.00 plus we paid, not the hotel part but Cruise and island tours, great food onboard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds