Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > GMARF #12: what train is this?

Date: 12/02/16 03:56
GMARF #12: what train is this?
Author: JPB

Where is it? On whose RR? Probably pretty easy...

Date: 12/02/16 04:21
Re: GMARF #12: what train is this?
Author: Dcmcrider

Niagara Falls, NY. Amtrak.

Paul Wilson
Arlington, VA

Date: 12/02/16 04:49
Author: PCCRNSEngr

I agree Niagara Falls, NY former LV Freight Station.

Date: 12/02/16 11:56

Indeed it's the old, soon to be replaced Niagara Falls NY Amtrak station with either an arriving or departing EB Maple Leaf on CSX track.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/02/16 13:53
Author: wzd

So, it's a stub end station requiring backing on a through move?

Date: 12/02/16 15:22
Author: Dcmcrider

Amtrak finally signed a lease and will move to the new station on Dec. 6.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/30/amtrak-ready-complete-move-new-digs-december-6/

I think the train shown on Google Maps is not the Maple Leaf. It would use the plaform on the through track, right? The trains terminating use the stub track.

Paul Wilson
Arlington, VA

Date: 12/03/16 03:09

Dcmcrider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I think the train shown on Google Maps is not the
> Maple Leaf. It would use the plaform on the
> through track, right? The trains terminating use
> the stub track.

You may be correct that this eb train is not the Maple Leaf. A closer zoom-in on the aerial photo strongly suggests that there is a boarding platform on the the through track that the Maple Leafs can use. My thought was the aerial photo was taken in the late morning or midday in the summer based on foliage and shadows. And the only eb trains operating at that time of day per the current Amtrak schedule (assuming that Empire Service schedule hasn't changed much since whenever Google capture the aerial) are daily train 284 departing NF at 6:50AM, the daily Maple Leaf 64 arriving perhaps 30 minutes prior to its scheduled 12:30pm departure for US Customs processing, and Sunday only train 288 departing at 3:05pm. The other possibility is that a NF-based yard crew is backing a recently turned 288 train into the station in the AM well before the train's mid-afternoon departure.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds