Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Passenger Trains > Caltrain MP15DC in Action

Date: 12/06/16 13:51
Caltrain MP15DC in Action
Author: cchan006

Back in November of 2014 while heading out on an aimless foaming trip, I overheard JPBX 504 mentioned in a radio chatter. I immediately stopped scanning on my scanner and locked in on that channel to find out where it was.

I determined that JPBX 504 was near the San Antonio Station, which is near the Mountain View/Palo Alto border, so I headed in the general direction. I got a glimpse of the MP15DC and the ballast train it was pulling along Alma St. in Palo Alto. First clip is of my pacing fail along Alma St., before I got stopped by traffic lights and lost the chase.

Even if I hadn't picked up radio chatter saying where the train was going (CP Junction at Redwood City), I had already guessed that, so I was already on my way toward Hwy 101 and Redwood City after the pacing fail.

I found enough gap between the gates to get the second clip, MP15DC JPBX #504 coming to a stop near CP Junction in Redwood City. While I waited for the MP15DC's next move, handful of Caltrains pass by, third and fourth clips.

#504 heads north toward CP Dumbarton in the fifth clip, getting ready to deadhead light engines back to CEMOF (Centralized Equipment Maintenance and Operations Facility) in San Jose, and it's on its way in the sixth clip.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/06/16 13:56
Re: Caltrain MP15DC in Action
Author: cchan006

Seems I have a habit of stumbling onto the Caltrain MP15DC by accident.

Jmf1910 and I were on our way for a semi-aimless foaming trip to the Central Valley back in April of 2013, and I don't remember the details, but we found ourselves at the College Park Station (between Santa Clara and San Jose, south end of "Newhall Yard") probably because one of us overheard a JPBX 504 coming our way, and we went there to intercept.

This time, both MP15DCs, 504 and 503 are pulling a pair of Caltrain sets into CEMOF from the north end of the facility. Two disabled trains? It's time for some snarky remarks about reliability - should come easy here in the Passenger Discussions. :-)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/06/16 20:31
Author: jimB

Nice catch running nose forward in 2014. My few recent sitings have been nose to nose.

Jim B

Date: 12/06/16 20:37
Author: tehachapifan

Did they put a 567 in that thing (504)? Sure sounds like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 20:43 by tehachapifan.

Date: 12/06/16 20:57
Author: PHall

tehachapifan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they put a 567 in that thing (504)? Sure
> sounds like it.

Nope, just a good old 12-645E with the Roots Blowers.

Date: 12/10/16 12:10
Author: ChrisCampi

Nice!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.065 seconds