Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Passenger Trains > [FL] More construction from All Aboard Florida

Date: 01/15/17 18:05
[FL] More construction from All Aboard Florida
Author: Lackawanna484

I had some time on my hands so I drove south along the Florida East Coast rail line from Jupiter south to West Palm Beach today.

The new bridge constuction over the Loxahatchee in Jupiter is coming along.  Looks like they're working on new caissons adjacent to the current bridge.

No sign of any new track or widening in this section of far northern Palm Beach County. Things are as they've been for a long while. Pretty much that way down to Lake Park. Single track, no crossings closed.  I figured I'd see some second track, grading, etc in this area.

Saw the rail train (with 416, IIRC) near St Mary's north unit, by 39th street. Definitely signs of work in there.

Decided to go south on 1 instead of going up on the bridge at Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard.

The new station in WPB looks great.  Lots of progress since September. The exterior looks done, the interior seemed to have construction people working (on a holiday weekend Sunday afternoon). There were two guys working on the new platform. It looks like there will be just one platform, on the west side of the tracks.  Looked pretty much done, with panel track in the street crossings at either end.

Next week I may check out the section between WPB and Fort Lauderdale. I believe the rail train and several work trains have been active in the area.

Date: 01/15/17 19:37
Re: [FL] More construction from All Aboard Florida
Author: chrsjrcj

WPB and Fort Lauderdale both have an island platform. The eastern most track is the freight bypass.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/16/17 05:27
Author: PennPlat

The rail crews are working 7 days, all double tracking below WPB is well advanced, nearly finished.

Date: 01/16/17 06:03

Thanks for all the info. I didn't enter the work site but that glass walkway makes a great entry to the platform.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/16/17 06:49
Author: Mikey0191

PennPlat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rail crews are working 7 days, all double
> tracking below WPB is well advanced, nearly
> finished.

There are still portions up and down the line that either need tamping and ballasting, rail laid, double track cut in or crossovers installed. Much of the signaling still needs to be installed/cut in as well. One of the biggest things that still remains to be done are some of the smaller bridge crossings over the various canals. Many are double spanned from the original double track alignment, but need to be rehabbed. The ones that aren't will need a new profile built for the second track. Workers have just now started laying more concrete ties to start on the 4-5 mile double tracking of the Port Lead that Brightline will use to access Miami Central. Lots of progress, yes, but I wouldn't call it nearly finished just yet. It has been a lot of fun to document progress though, and much credit given to the guys out there working 12+ hour days, 7 days a week to keep things moving. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 06:59 by Mikey0191.

Date: 01/16/17 07:05

There were people working at the WPB station yesterday.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds