Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Customer Survey

Date: 01/16/17 06:51
Amtrak Customer Survey
Author: Tominde

I just received an email link for an Amtrak Survey.    This is for your recent trip between Washington DC and Wilmington DE.   Is this correct?    Yes or No.  It's somewhat correct as I took a roundtrip between Wilmington, DE and Connellesville PA. Yes, part of that was a trip between Washington and Wilmington.   So I answered NO.   End of survey.  Sorry for the inconvenience.   I guess I was chosen at random and it is probably based on the train information.  The NEC piece was nothing noteworthy.  But I did have some comments on trains 29+30.  I suppose I could email my comments, but it seems better if it goes into the data. 

Date: 01/16/17 07:03
Re: Amtrak Customer Survey
Author: Lackawanna484

They may randomly select some % of riders on each segment. I get a survey every few trips.

I regularly send compliments and suggestions, so my info may be coded

Posted from Android

Date: 01/16/17 12:36
Author: bobs

I believe the sampling for this survey is done by segments, not by end points.  So if you were on a segment as described, even if it was not your full trip, you should have answered yes if you wanted to complete the survey.  Maybe Amtrak should include the wording "this segment may have been part of a longer trip".

Date: 01/16/17 18:57
Author: tq-07fan

They used to send this as a printed Scan-Tron style survey with the explicit instructions that even though you may have travelled on more than one train or experienced more than one train crew that you only answer the questions for the requested trip segment. It was a bit difficult in a few multiweek trips where I rode on a half dozen trains to remember what happened on a particular train.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds