Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > CA HSR: Kern County settles lawsuit

Date: 01/19/17 14:39
CA HSR: Kern County settles lawsuit
Author: reindeerflame

The California High-Speed Rail Authority announced yesterday that it reached a settlement with Kern County, clearing the final California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) litigation for the Fresno to Bakersfield rail segment. The agreement will allow work to progress in the Central Valley which already features more than 119 miles of active construction.“This agreement represents our continued commitment to working with all of our partners across the state to resolve issues that allow us to move the program forward,” said Authority CEO Jeff Morales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/17 14:40 by reindeerflame.

Date: 01/19/17 17:46
Re: CA HSR: Kern County settles lawsuit
Author: railwaybaron

Somehow the little train that could, will...It will be up and running whilst those in this country, who are still fighting the Civil War, retreat to their deplorable sod houses on the prairies [with apologies] . "The 21st Century is coming at us like a high speed train Ma, better get outa its way!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/17 21:45 by railwaybaron.

Date: 01/19/17 19:17
Author: norm1153

We still have some sod houses?  Who knew?  I know what prairies are, but what are parries?

Date: 01/19/17 22:06
Author: ProAmtrak

I still say it's a joke!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/19/17 22:12
Author: cchan006

Here's the rest of the news release omitted by the OP (actually, he didn't post the news release verbatim, if people are paying attention):

The Authority and County will work together to engage the public and affected stakeholders to move the 
program forward.

With more than 119 miles of active construction in the Central Valley, construction of a high-speed rail line 
between the Silicon Valley and Central Valley is planned to be complete by 2024, with passenger service 
beginning in 2025.

So we're supposed to connect the Silicon Valley to the Central Valley going north, so who cares about the lawsuit settlement concerning the southern end of the line, between Wasco and Shafter? (Contruction Package 4, which was just announced last week). Nope, the construction segment is still about 18 miles short of Bakersfield. Fresno to San Jose is what the project needs to focus on, even if many people (especially here on TO) think Bakersfield to Los Angeles is the real critical segment.

Until there's announcement that construction has begun, either through Pacheco Pass or Tehachapi Pass, or ANY pass (take your pick), CA HSR "agendized news" is exploiting people's ignorance and laziness to do research on what's really going on. Personally, I'll take a news release regarding "management shakeup" within the CA HSR Authority as "good" news as well.

CA HSR is suffering through organizational problems. Settling lawsuits is no cure for incompetence and/or corruption (see LA Times links I posted within the thread below):

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4204906

Date: 01/29/17 09:52
Author: Geodyssey

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somehow the little train that could, will...It
> will be up and running whilst those in this
> country, who are still fighting the Civil War,
> retreat to their deplorable sod houses on the
> prairies . "The 21st Century is coming at us like
> a high speed train Ma, better get outa its way!"

I haven't seen Democrats (& CAHSR fanbois) this upset since we took away their slaves.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0523 seconds