Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > Orlando Airport to Sunrail

Date: 02/18/17 07:21
Orlando Airport to Sunrail
Author: MEKoch

This week I flew to Orlando from Cleveland on Spirit Airlines for $39.  Then at the bottom level of Terminal A I caught a Lynx bus (either #11 or #42) over to the Sand Lake Road Sunrail station.  A 10 minute bus trip costs $2.00 cash.  Nice busses.  Operate every 30 minutes.  Then boarded Sunrail for my trip north to Orlando, Winter Park, etc.  

I reversed the process three days later and it again worked easily.  Some of the buses stop on Sand Lake Road and do not enter the Sunrail station, so it is a one block walk. 

As I was waiting for my Sunrail train the southbound Silver Meteor streaked through at 60+ mph towards Kissimmee.  Immediately south of the Sunrail station is the CSX freight yard.  It was active and switching.

Date: 02/18/17 08:47
Re: Orlando Airport to Sunrail
Author: cabsignaldrop

How was Spirit Airlines?

Posted from Android

Date: 02/18/17 13:18
Author: RevRandy

You can also take the 11 downtown for the same fare -- and you will end up either a long block from the AMTRAK station or with a transfer right at the station. 

Date: 02/19/17 11:51
Author: WillRan

Sunrail studying a connection to the Orlando Airport's new train terminal being built for BrightLine trains. Possible route is the CSX spur to the power plant; passes by edge of airport. Automated trains will connect airline terminal to train terminal.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds