Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Passenger Trains > Ski train from ski lift

Date: 02/19/17 21:12
Ski train from ski lift
Author: symph1

I caught the ski train this morning from Zephyr lift. You can really see how close it is to the slopes.

Sorry these aren't better framed. I was shooting backwards from a moving chair with my iPhone. Best I could do.

Date: 02/19/17 21:44
Re: Ski train from ski lift
Author: sphogger

That's cool!   A unique vantage point we haven't seen before.

sphogger

Date: 02/19/17 22:25
Author: Fizzboy7

Always wondered what that would look like from above!   Very cool!    So, more skiers or more snowboarders?

Date: 02/20/17 06:11
Author: DavidP

Fizzboy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always wondered what that would look like from
> above!   Very cool!    So, more skiers or more
> snowboarders?

Was at WP and Steamboat a couple of weeks ago and struck by the resurgence in skiing, especially vs. what we're used to in the east.  Probably 75-25 advantage to the skiers.  I got a similar view of the CZ exiting Moffat one day, but wasn't as fast with the iPhone....nice picture!

Dave

Date: 02/20/17 06:27
Author: Auburn_Ed

Just sitting on the lift?  Would have been more impressive if you were skiing backwards on one ski, but timing IS everything, isn't it?  First photo I've ever seen from up on the slopes.  Very nice.

Ed

Date: 02/20/17 07:29
Author: dan

i tried got the last chair on zephyr to no avail,  train held short so people can buy drinks at the base.  i had to get back to the jane, and some berthoud pass skiing in an increasing snowfall.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/17 07:39 by dan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds