Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Passenger Trains > HZRX 3134 Cleveland, OH to Austin, TX via NS Mfs BNSF

Date: 02/23/17 08:46
HZRX 3134 Cleveland, OH to Austin, TX via NS Mfs BNSF
Author: CCDeWeese

HZRX 3134, the GP 40-3 locomotive the Austin Steam Train  has leased from Horizon Rail Services, in Cleveland is said to be moving via the routing shown above.  Anyone seen it?

Date: 02/23/17 09:54
Re: HZRX 3134 Cleveland, OH to Austin, TX via NS Mfs BNSF
Author: sptno

Interesting they are leasing a diesel locomotive.  They already have 2 which I guess are running, one original and a recently aquired unit that they were getting ready for duty.
Meanwhile, the steam locomotive, SP786 sits in pieces in the yard and grass.
I guess they have no interest or money for getting SP786 back in operation.  What a waste as I helped with the first restoration after it was moved out of the park.

Oh well.

Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 02/23/17 10:14
Author: The_Chief_Way

Lot of guess work there. Wonder what is really happeneing wth them.

Date: 02/23/17 13:30
Author: TWC

The most recent SP 786 restoration update is from 2/9/17: http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/historic-restoration/locomotive-786/

Date: 02/23/17 15:32

Sorry, I  don't believe everything I read being a former part of this organization.
It's taken far too long to get SP786 back in operation.  I know that it's expensive, but being a former volunteer on the orginal restoration, lots of bloods, sweat and sometimes tears, we got it done.
I love steam locomotives, especially after be able to part of a restoration as a volunteer, inside, outside, over, under, in the boiler, in the firebox, lots of hard work.
Learned a lot and would do it again if I had a chance for the proper organization.
Was it fun, what is your definiton of fun?
Was it worth it, YES, we put fire in the beast of the belly, and saw the pressure build up, YES, when we first heard the whistle under operating pressure, YES.

Thanks
Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 02/23/17 18:47
Author: The_Chief_Way

So, Pat, are you accusing them of putting out "fake news?"

Date: 02/24/17 06:33

No, not fake news, just no real news updates.  Pictures have been the same for a very long time.  I think that there are numerous issues getting SP786 back into operations.
Been there done that.
I think SP786 should have been back in operations many years ago.  Tube time clock ticking.
I hope I can see SP786 back in operation before we sell our have and move out of the Austin, TX area.

Pat
South Austin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds