Home Open Account Help 159 users online

Passenger Trains > State Street, New Haven (CT)

Date: 03/22/17 13:30
State Street, New Haven (CT)
Author: twropr

On another forum, I've seen a photo of the new platform that is being built on the ?west side of the tracks at State St.  Understand the present platform is between Tracks 6 and 4, and that the new platform will serve CtRail trains to/from Hartford/Springfield.
Not being too familair with New Haven, I'm wondering if State St. is more accessible to Yale and downtown than the big Union Station where most of the trains stop.  Today Union Station has the lion's share of the patronage.  Wonder if State St. will get a bigger share once service frequency increases?
Andy
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/22/17 14:34
Re: State Street, New Haven (CT)
Author: sums007

Checking Google Maps, the answer seems to be "yes".  Try it.

​But Amtrak doesn't stop at State Street, so in that instance, using Union Station is a must.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/17 14:35 by sums007.

Date: 03/22/17 15:18
Author: BRAtkinson

Being a Springfield area resident to the north, and a semi-regular Amtrak rider, it looks to me that at present, only SOME Metro North trains venture there from New Haven.  As mentioned previously, Amtrak does not stop there.  However, given the much anticipated startup next year of the commuter service between New Haven and Hartford, I'd expect the commuter trains to stop there both ways.

Date: 03/23/17 16:44
Author: ABB

Shore Line East commuter trains between New Haven and Old Saybrook & New London stop at the State St. Station.

Date: 03/23/17 16:55
Author: Lackawanna484

More convenient to Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana.  One of the better New Haven dining spots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds