Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > How did that happen? Train 79

Date: 03/26/17 18:34
How did that happen? Train 79
Author: Tominde

Train 79 Carolinian,   New York -Charlotte.   Arrive in Washington 8 min early, engine change and departs on time 11:10AM     But it lose 1:16 min on the 18 min run to Alexandria.   How did that happen?

Date: 03/26/17 18:58
Re: How did that happen? Train 79
Author: nsrlink

CSX

Date: 03/26/17 18:59
Author: gbmott

nsrlink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX

Details?

Date: 03/26/17 19:03
Author: chess

Same thing happened to train 51, the Cardinal. Lost over an hour between Washington and Alexandria, VA. I'm guessing signal problems?

Date: 03/26/17 19:30
Author: P

chess Wrote:
> Same thing happened to train 51, the Cardinal.
> Lost over an hour between Washington and
> Alexandria, VA. I'm guessing signal problems?

​I noticed that too.  It seemed an odd place for the Cardinal to lose an hour.

Date: 03/27/17 15:18
Author: Dispatcher68

NSRLink said it right,CSX,needn't say anymore.  Following freights that can't make over 30mph;single track railroad in several places between DC and Richmond due to parked freights Richmond can't handle or doesn't have crews for;a single switch out of correspondence causes at least an hour delay alone,that's happening right now with a Q409 at Doswell and Amtrak 125 is stuck way back at Milford waiting due to parked freights behind Q409 and nowhere to go.

It's a joke...maybe EHH will fix it <cough>.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/17 16:45 by Dispatcher68.

Date: 03/27/17 16:20
Author: PRR1361

Harrison's "scheduled railroad"? Hang on folks, it will only get worse with excessively long and grossly underpowered trains all over the system.  The "A" line is already a joke, and it will be far worse under EHH's operating methods.

Date: 03/27/17 16:47
Author: Dispatcher68

PRR1361 Wrote:
> Harrison's "scheduled railroad"? Hang on folks, it
> will only get worse with excessively long and
> grossly underpowered trains all over the system. 
> The "A" line is already a joke, and it will be far
> worse under EHH's operating methods.
>  
I was being facetious but yes,EHH will plug it up more with that "You WILL make the round peg fit in the square hole" schpeel.All that single track will be fun to watch,50-100 miles at a time.

Date: 03/27/17 19:34
Author: DevalDragon

We had this exact same problem when I rode the Cardinal last month. They brought the Carolinian down to Track 1 and the Cardinal to Track 3 at Alexandria. Both trains were in the Alexandria station side by side.

My train, the Cardinal, had an wheelchair passenger that needed to board. However, the platform to Track 2&3 at Alexandria is not ADA accessible, so we had to wait for the Carolinian to depart, then they took our train south of Alexandria, crossed us over to track 1, then shoved us back to the station on Track 1. 

For whatever reason, this move took more than an hour. All because of 1 ADA passenger.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds