Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Passenger Trains > Trains 1 and 4 June 8 Train 1 of June 10

Date: 06/09/01 13:01
Trains 1 and 4 June 8 Train 1 of June 10
Author: Mundo

Train one into Los Angeles June 8, arrived at 431 PM.
Many delays, with one being that the train detoured from Colton, via
Riverside UP. It made station stop at Pomona, Ontario passengers transfered from Pomona.

Train 4 from Los Angeles, had four sleepers (one extra) and six coaches (3 extra) to handle passengers from the train 4 of June 7 that did not operate. Total 28 cars, 4 locomotives.
Having to make two and three stops to board the passengers.

Train 1 from Orlando June 10 is cancelled acount very high water between New Orleans and Houston.

Train 2 from Los Angeles June 8 departed LA 1 hr and 40 " late account late equipment into at at 431PM. Because of high water east of Houston, the entire train will operate to Chicago, where passengers will be placed on other trains for New Orleans and Florida.

Date: 06/14/01 00:13
RE: Trains 1 and 4 June 8 Train 1 of June 10
Author: TexasBill

<< Train 1 from Orlando June 10 is cancelled acount very high water between New Orleans and Houston. >>

And that train, even the coaches, was sold out two months earlier, forcing me to take the #1 that left ORL June 7.

Bill from Texas

Date: 06/14/01 00:28
RE: Trains 1 and 4 June 8 Train 1 of June 10
Author: TexasBill

<< And that train, even the coaches, was sold out two months earlier, forcing me to take the #1 that left ORL June 7. >>

Come to think of it, I guess I was very lucky. The trip I took on the #1 I did get on was great!

Bill from Texas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds