Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Passenger Trains > moon amtrak!

Date: 10/21/02 12:11
moon amtrak!
Author: BigDave

I saw this link at another website - These folks are loons!

http://www.moonamtrak.org/

Date: 10/21/02 13:07
Re: moon amtrak!
Author: JohnThomas

It\'s a staple of Orange County counterculture. Below is from the 2001 event, which, if I recall correctly, was relatively lightly attended due to inclimately cool weather.

Date: 10/21/02 16:15
Moon the Angels!
Author: Retlaw

> It\'s a staple of Orange County counterculture.

Counterculture? It\'s the only culture to be found in a place so known for master planned communities that many can\'t wait to get away from it. It\'s better to live in an older part of the county where you can leave your garage door open for more than an hour on Saturday. And even fantasyland is a "real" man-made attraction in this county!

RJ

Date: 10/21/02 16:29
Author: F40PHR231

Man, they need to start a "flash Amtrak", for women only, mardi-gras style! I\'d buy a bunch of train tickets back and forth!

Date: 10/21/02 16:32
Re: Moon the Angels!
Author: F59PHI450

Might want to buy some beads to throw to them also. That would really hurt at 60 MPH though. What an emasrrassing town I live in...
-F59PHI450

Date: 10/21/02 16:54
Re: speed of train on mooning day
Author: rms492

Is it true that Amtrak slows down on mooning day through that particular stretch of track???? (Normally, southbounds are at full speed of 90 mph, northbounds at about 65-70 -- southbounds are going downgrade, remember.

Date: 10/21/02 18:11
Author: surflinerhogger

Wellllllll, if one is (EB) on a yellow expecting a red at Avery, one should be well down to forty at that point. :)

Date: 10/21/02 18:15
Author: puckeringswine

When one sees a large crowd of half naked people on the right of way you just have to slow down. Safety first!

Date: 10/21/02 18:38
Re: Flash amtrak!
Author: ellissimon

Happened to us while riding the San Joaquin over Memorial Day weekend in 2001. Girl on boat lifted her shirt. The Sierras aren\'t the only mountains in California <G>

Date: 10/22/02 10:04
Author: CarolVoss

When you ride the California Zephyr along the Colorado River they often announce that it is called Moon River because that is the favorite "sport" of the rafters, kayakers, etc. as the train passes.
C.

Date: 10/22/02 19:49
Author: rosevillebill

Hello

When riding the eastbound Zephyr through the Ruby canyon in Utah, the car attendants will warn everybody on board about the "Zephyr Salute".

Everyone quickly understands what the warning is about as the rafters traveling down the Colorado River are the guilty "Mooners".
Obviously the river at this point does not have enough rapids!.

RosevilleBill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds