Home Open Account Help 405 users online

Passenger Trains > Many Trains Sold out Today and Tomorrow

Date: 02/17/03 12:14
Many Trains Sold out Today and Tomorrow
Author: HarrisCohen

Tonights Eastbound Capitol Limited is 100% sold out. The same goes for today\'s Westbound (if there is one, which I\'m still not sure) and tomorrow\'s WB.

Tomorrow night\'s Eastbound Cardinal is booked 100% as well, and Tomorrow night\'s Eastbound Capitol is about 90-95% booked.

Lake Shores are in the high 80\'s and the Three Rivers are close behind.

With the airports still closed, Amtrak should be adding on all its additional cars to the Capitol, Lake Shore, Three Rivers, and Cardinal.

Amtrak\'s consists need to become more elastic, meaning, there is really no reason why tonight and tomorrow night\'s Capitol shouldn\'t have 3 Superliner Sleepers and 4 coaches. After all, it is the winter, and there are some extra cars around.

--Harris Cohen

Date: 02/17/03 14:06
Re: Many Trains Sold out Today and Tomorrow
Author: 4merroad4man

Yeah, but digging them out and thawing them out may be another matter.

Date: 02/18/03 15:16
Author: proamtrak

That\'s true, but at least they don\'t cancel unless they don\'t have enough spares or just send the train out with what\'s avaliable!

Date: 02/18/03 16:47
Author: metrawc

The Capital is shown as "sold out" because it did not operate yesterday and will not operate today. The lake shore and Broadway ( I mean 3 Rivers please forgive me) are also operating with some delays, but they are doing what they should.

Amtrak does this to cut off any potential sales. Same thing when the Acela\'s were down.

Check the Florida trains and you\'ll see the same thing out of DC.

The closing of the CSX is nothing but good old CSX shutdown railroading at its finest.

Date: 02/19/03 13:32
Author: proamtrak

Someone please tell me why CSX does this everytime it snows?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds