Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Railfan Trip Reports > What train activity is on GRS WEST of East Deerfield?

Date: 09/27/07 10:59
What train activity is on GRS WEST of East Deerfield?
Author: NS4271

Some time soon, I plan to railfan WEST of East Deerfield. What train activity might I see between East Deerfield and North Adams? It would be on a Friday, Sat., and Sunday. Thanks.

Date: 09/27/07 11:23
Re: What train activity is on GRS WEST of East Deerfiel
Author: BrianJennison

There's generally a train a day to the CPR/D&H at Mohawk yard (EDMO) and one to the CSX at Rotterdam Jct. (EDRJ), and their eastbound counterparts (MOED and SEED... SE is of course Selkirk yard). There are also the intermodal trains between Ayer and Mohawk (AYMO/MOAY), although at least the westbound should be largely nocturnal. You might see a loaded Bow or Mt. Tom coal train eastbound or an empty hopper train westbound, although these are not daily. A local often runs from East Deerfield to North Adams. Other than the Conn River traffic, that's more-or-less it.

You didn't ask, but if you had, my approach would be to show up at East Deerfield in the early a.m. and wait for something to chase west.

Date: 09/29/07 19:26
Re: What train activity is on GRS WEST of East Deerfiel
Author: AJT

Today's west end action - EDMO went west before 6am; met SEED at Shelburne Falls; SEED made East Deerfield before 830am; EDRJ went west 1120am, encountered a tree across tracks near Hoosac Tunnel, was supposed to meet MOAY at Eagle Bridge; MOAY was east from Mechanicville about 5pm.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0252 seconds