Home Open Account Help 383 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Some pictures from around Juiz de Fora - MG Brazil

Date: 03/29/14 16:33
Some pictures from around Juiz de Fora - MG Brazil
Author: kjangel

Well my job has me in Brazil again. I am staying in Juiz de Fora (about 3 hours North of Rio) and it's the weekend, so I went out to take some pictures. The weather and the trains were not great but here are a few I thought I would share.

Picture 1 - MRS 7255 leads three additional big GE's and empty ore cars north through Juiz de Fora. The ore loads move South on the "Steel" line to the ports and the empties return North on the "Central" line.

Picture 2 - In Juiz de Fora a RDC passenger cars sits "stuffed and mounted" next to an ex depot I assume. The MRS does not have any passenger service in Juiz de Fora. I assume RDC's where used at in the past.

Picture 3 - The empty trains appear to only need one unit on line to traverse the Central line. So MRS 7268 is trailing and just along for the ride back to the mines. The think the depot on the right is active and crew change point. This train just got a new crew before blasting off North.

Date: 03/29/14 16:50
Re: Some pictures from around Juiz de Fora - MG Brazil
Author: kjangel

Picture 4 - MRS 7223 leads and empty North bound ore train North of Juiz de Fora (south of Santos Dumont MG Brazil). The train remained on the Main track (Principal) and is about to duck into a tunnel (tunnel #23) and cross under MG-040, North/South highway in Brazil.

Picture 5 - Almost all the towns have some sort of ex-passenger buildings. I was exploring west of Santos Dumont MG Brazil (pretty much turned into a dead end) but found this passenger platform.

Picture 6 - Late in the day the sun finally came out, and I caught MRS 3488 weaving it's way through Santos Dumont MG Brazil. The track does a big horseshoe in this Santos Dumont. Picture taken from MG-040. Santos Dumont is named after Alberto Santos-Dumont a Franco-Brazilian aviation pioneer.

Hope you enjoy.

Date: 03/29/14 17:59
Author: kgmontreal

Number four is excellent. I hope you get out to shoot more.

KG

Date: 03/30/14 00:03
Author: 86235

Thanks, we don't see much from Brasil.

Date: 03/30/14 12:00
Author: westernking

More please! Great stuff

Date: 03/31/14 06:47
Author: YG

Great stuff!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds