Home Open Account Help 353 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Tobu Railway LTD Express Ryomo

Date: 07/13/14 00:39
Tobu Railway LTD Express Ryomo
Author: Railpax71

Yesterday I rode the Tobu Kiryu and Isesaki lines from Shin Kiryu to Kuki. Beyond Kuki there was no service due to an accident so I transfered to JR. The 200 series EMUs are operated in 6 unit sets. I take them often for the 90 minute ride to Tokyo. All reserved seats with vending machines in cars 2 and 4. Some of the station platforms are so short you have to pay attention to which cars will open. Not a problem at Asakusa or Shin Kiryu.
1. Shin Kiryu station on the Kiryu line from Ota to Akagi.
2. Akagi bound Ryomo approaching Shin Kiryu.
3. Asakusa bound ( ended in Kuki) Ryomo with the Akagi bound Ryomo

Date: 07/16/14 00:12
Re: Tobu Railway LTD Express Ryomo
Author: cchan006

Thanks for a nice report on your "commute" to Tokyo. I personally like Tobu Nikko line's Spacia, but Ryomo also has those clean, attractive lines. I nabbed a video of a Spacia running along JR tracks in Tokyo, at Higashi-Jujo back in March (not posted yet).

For the curious, here's an English version of Tobu Railway's web site. They just celebrated the 100th Anniversary in May 1 of this year. If you look carefully at the bottom left corner of the page, link for the annual report (financial) is available in English:

http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/

Even at "only" 60-80 mph, the limited express trains in Japan are fun to ride, and the varieties offered by the non-JR companies can keep any railfan busy, and there are at least 7 in Tokyo alone.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds