Home Open Account Help 336 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Spacia Tobu Limited Express

Date: 07/16/14 03:52
Spacia Tobu Limited Express
Author: Railpax71

I've never taken the Nikko line and the Spacia, but I encounter them frequently waiting for the Ryomo for the Akagi line at Asakusa station in Tokyo. Charlie mentioned this in a comment to one of my previous posts. Wide variety of Limited expresses out of the Tokyo area. I would not attempt to drive the roads between Gunma and Tokyo--this is way more comfortable.

The Spacia sets are painted in several color combinations. This is Iki Blue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/14 03:55 by Railpax71.

Date: 07/16/14 04:02
Re: Spacia Tobu Limited Express

Different day, same time on the Tobu, but this is the "Miyabi" purple Spacia trainset at Asakusa

Date: 07/16/14 20:26
Author: cchan006

I guess I'll get in the act and post a video of the northbound Spacia I caught at Higashi-Jujo triple-double main in Tokyo back in March while I was foaming JR Freights. This 100 series Limited Express EMU is orange, so we nabbed 3 different sets in this thread.

Instead of departing Asakusa, this Spacia departed Shinjuku, running mostly on JR East's tracks instead of Tobu Railway's. It's an example of Japan's obsession with one seat rides, where even subway train sets would run on other railway's surface main lines so that passengers don't have to transfer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/14 20:31 by cchan006.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/17/14 14:48

With your video, we got one each of the three color schemes used on the 9 sets of equipment in this thread. This is "Sunny coral".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds