Home Open Account Help 375 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Ecuador Tourist Train

Date: 07/16/14 13:36
Ecuador Tourist Train
Author: andersonb109

I just saw through a Yahoo discussion group a great video on the new tourist train in Ecuador. The line looks beautifully restored and the train modern and comfortable. There appears to be two steam locomotives available and are used for part of the trip...No's 53 and 11. The negative is that this train looks totally inappropriate for photo charters but there was a second train (perhaps still used for locals?) which looked more like back in the day. So is there any reason why no one has organized a photo event on this great line given there are two serviceable locos and good track conditions? There must be days when the tourist train doesn't run and the locos available? Dale?

Date: 07/17/14 05:21
Re: Ecuador Tourist Train
Author: kgmontreal

This topic was discussed recently.

http://www.trainorders.com/profile/user.php?user=CA_Sou_MA_Agent

It's always best to do a search before starting a new thread.

KG

Date: 07/17/14 05:29
Author: andersonb109

1. Your link isn't to the previous post. It's only to the poster's profile (perhaps you should check these things before posting!) 2. I do recall reading a previous post. But I don't recall it discussing the excellent video I referenced that others might actually be interested in viewing on you tube. And perhaps the situation with steam has changed since then. It is beyond me why so many people on this board have to be so snarky and rude when others are just trying to provide something of interest. If you saw it before, then don't read it again. Pretty simple. Sorry I wasted your time.

Date: 07/17/14 05:44
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Date: 07/20/14 14:40
Author: jbwest

Dale Brown is recovering from surgery right now, but hopefully in the near future he can provide a first hand update on the GyQ.

JBWX

Date: 07/23/14 19:18
Author: Keystone1

andersonb109...I get this all the time. It is about power and control. It makes a person not want to post...why bother. No one cares about another's opinion or feelings anyway. (Editor, take note).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds