International Railroad Discussion > Steam on the Jitong Part 8

Date: 03/11/15 18:15
Steam on the Jitong Part 8
Author: engine3420

Tunnel at Er di.

Date: 03/11/15 23:51
Re: Steam on the Jitong Part 8
Author: Harlock

Perfect. Love it. I hope locomotive is standing still or moving slowly for the shot? :)

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/15 23:52 by Harlock.

Date: 03/12/15 10:38
Author: YG

Holy Moly, what a shot!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 03/12/15 15:26
Author: engine3420

Harlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perfect. Love it. I hope locomotive is standing
> still or moving slowly for the shot? :)

They were doing around 20 MPH…After I took the shot I stepped into a cutout made for Track workers.
Chris

Date: 03/12/15 22:38
Author: DWBrown

This was the shot that many of us railfans did when visiting JiTong. We all had this choreographed to take two three shots then plaster yourself to the wall in the little niche. NO LAWYERS or RAILCOPS in Inner Mongolia at these places. However every once in while some shakedown artist would hassle the guides and demand money or they would get the local police to hassle us. After awhile most of this nonsense went away as well as the hordes of railfans when the pass was dieselized. This was the summit tunnel at Jingping Pass.

Dale Brown

Date: 03/13/15 10:19
Author: eminence_grise

Regarding the summit tunnel shot. I chose to take a high angle shot from the road above, along with five or six other people.

While we were waiting for a train to show up, two "Red Flag" limousines (large Chinese car based on a recent Citroen design) pulled up, and a very well dressed woman got out. All the men stayed in the cars. She asked what we were doing and where we were from in English.

We replied, and she wished us a good day. There were probably forty more people around the tunnel portal not visible from the road.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds