Home Open Account Help 291 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Sit on the roof! India

Date: 05/09/15 16:24
Sit on the roof! India
Author: lee_uintah

These are my favorite videos of rail travel in India.  These trains were viewed just outside New Delhi, near Bijwasan.  The first train was on February 29, 1992, and the second train was on March 7, 1992.  When there is no room left inside the train, the passengers climb to the roof, or they hang out of doorways and windows.  That's the first clip.

The second clip features steam and diesel passenger trains, with a few roof riders on the diesel train.  These are followed by another diesel passenger train with roof riders, and a steam passenger train.

Enjoy!  Memories of India.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/11/15 15:46
Re: Sit on the roof! India
Author: CPRR

Cool. Does Indian still run steam or is it all desiel now?

Date: 05/11/15 20:51
Author: lee_uintah

The last time I was in India was about 10 years ago, and I did not see any steam then.  I don't think there is any active steam now, but I do not know for sure.  Perhaps someone else will know.
lee_uintah

Date: 05/25/15 01:47
Author: Hartington

Darjeeling still uses steam (when the track hasn't been washed away).   I think Ootacamund has some steam on certain trains but is diesel day-to-day.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds