Home Open Account Help 323 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Australia's Indian-Pacific PAX Perth to Adelaide

Date: 07/09/15 23:26
Australia's Indian-Pacific PAX Perth to Adelaide
Author: mmciau

My wife and I just completed a Perth to Adelaide journey (5 -7 July) on the IP.

Travelled :"Gold" with the car on the motor-rail.

Thoroughly enjoyed the IP's travel with superb food (Good breakfast and high quality Lunch and Dinner.).

A few of we males certainly enjoyed the Queen Adelaide Lounge car and the hospitality the refrigerators provided ad infintum.

And we were looked after by superb GSR Gold section staff who certainly know how to handle mischievous lads!!!!!!.

Mike

Michael McInerney
Marion, South Australia,

Date: 07/10/15 03:21
Re: Australia's Indian-Pacific PAX Perth to Adelaide
Author: andersonb109

I rode it in 2000 and assume it hasn't changed much. Such a shame we can't have the same quality of passenger trains and service here in the States. The only thing  missing was a dome or observation type car. I found looking out the side day on end became a bit boring.  I'm guessing a combination of clearances on the eastern half and extreme Aussie heat is the reason none were built by the Budd Company who obviously had the design by the time the IP cars were built.

Date: 08/23/15 02:59
Re: Australia's Indian-Pacific PAX Perth to Adelaide
Author: jofegan

Service is pretty pricey and seems marketed towards those who want to do the "cruise-train" experience. Does sleeper space ever go on sale?

Sleeper travel on the overnight trains between Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane-Cairns is a lot cheaper, but not as opulent.

-j

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds