Home Open Account Help 334 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Brisbane, Queensland, Australia "Whereizit"?

Date: 04/05/16 16:00
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia "Whereizit"?
Author: ATSF100WEST

Trying to determine this location from years ago.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers!

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 04/05/16 17:45
Re: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia "Whereizit"?
Author: Socks

Hello, I can't be exactly sure, not living in Brisbane, Queensland at the tome of the photo, but I would say it could be Wooloongabba south side of the river. I don't recall trolley busses, rail and trams togather on the side running parcell. It is a great photo of history. I do recall on some trolley bus routes passengers had to walk up the hill so the bus could actually climb same hill. Fortunately trolley busses have been long gone. Trams ceased running in Brisbane soon after a major depot fire around 1969. Electric suburban trains started in 1979 if my recall is correct.
Take care be well and safe. Kindest regards from Socks, South East Queensland Australia....

Date: 04/06/16 06:19
Author: spken

Definately Woolangabba, lived near there 60 years ago.
Trolley budes came off the Storey Bridge and went to Cavendish Road (I think).

spken
Landsborough, Queensland.

Date: 04/06/16 08:02
Author: ATSF100WEST

Thank you one and all - I really appreciate your help and expertise!

Best Wishes-

Bob Finan

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 04/09/16 16:55
Author: mmciau

In the second image, the car between the tram and the shops looks like a Vauxhall Viva.

On the other side, the car look like a Vauxhall Viva again and alongside that an Austin A60 Cambridge, with an FB/EK Holden Wagon and a Ford Falcon sedan

Late 1950s, early 1960s (1961) is my estimate.

Michael McInerney
Marion, South Australia,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/16 17:00 by mmciau.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds