Home Open Account Help 393 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Heroshi

Date: 04/15/16 11:37
Heroshi
Author: 4-4-0LiveSteam

Hope this finds you and your family well, prayers are with the families  of those lost and injured in the Quake.

Kevin

Date: 04/15/16 17:46
Re: Heroshi
Author: cchan006

If Hiroshi-san wasn't travelling to Kyushu, he should be OK, since the Kumamoto Earthquake's epicenter is about 700 miles from Tokyo.

The epicenter is about 5 miles NW of Kumamoto city center, a good-sized city in the island of Kyushu. The city has light rail/street car lines, and is a major Shinkansen stop. One Shinkansen set did derail (at around 50 mph) from the quake, but it was deadheading. No known injuries of train passengers so far.

Best wishes to the friendly people of Kumamoto Prefecture, a location I've visited many times for hiking, and of course railfanning.

Date: 04/16/16 08:59
Author: Hiroshi

4-4-0LiveSteam-san:
Thank you very muchi for your thoughts. Here I am in Tokyo and I am ok!
Actually I was on line taking with people in the Netherlands at that moment. I felt the earthquake even though I was more than thoudands miles away. Since then they are still having aftershocks.
My Prayers,
Hiroshi

Date: 04/16/16 17:58
Author: Hiroshi

cchan006-san:
Thank you for your prayers,
In Kumamoto area major railway systems have been closed down including Kyushu Shinkansen. 
Moreover, Kumamoto Airport has been shut down due to damages to the building.
Still having after shocks there as the News program reported.
My prayers,
Hiroshi

Date: 04/21/16 02:47
Author: Railpax71

NHK news tonight only showed limited Shinkansen service and most of the IC are still severed.  They showed cranes lifting the derailed Shinkansen. We only felt a rumble from the most powerful earthquake as we are 600 miles away. We get constant quakes from Ibaraki.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1044 seconds