Home Open Account Help 353 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Doha and Qatar Rail Projects, Metro, Light Rail and Long Distance

Date: 08/11/16 19:25
Doha and Qatar Rail Projects, Metro, Light Rail and Long Distance
Author: tq-07fan

It will be a few years from now but Qatar will have rail service. A Metro is being built in the capitol of Doha. To give an idea of how big a project this is the Metro won the Guiness Book of World Records title for the most Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) in simulatanious operation in one project at one (21 of them). The Metro will include a line to a built from the ground up new city of Lusail. Lusail will have a light rail / tram system. A long distance railway system is also being built which will eventually connect with Saudi Arabia. The long distance railway system will include freight, passenger and high speed passenger trains.

The Qatar Rail site is really complete and has a lot of good stuff to look at and drool about. 

Qatar Rail website there are a lot of interesting things to look at and play around on. It is a very well done site. 

Project fact sheet in a PDF file. 

Project Rail Cams they are not in real time but show how big this project is and update as they cycel through. There has to be over two dozen camera sites that I've seen so far.

I guess this is another one to add to the list of systems I need to ride. Qatar Airways here we come!

Jim 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds