Home Open Account Help 235 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Hunter Valley ( Australia )

Date: 09/23/16 20:34
Hunter Valley ( Australia )
Author: djsj

I will be in the MAITLAND - WERRIS CREEK  area next month, watching the coal services, any benefit in bringing a scanner ?. Are there any lineside ' talking detectors' ?, also if it is thought a scanner would be of use can anyone supply the frequencies needed .
                                                                                    Many thanks
                                                                              Dave Green

Date: 09/24/16 14:28
Re: Hunter Valley ( Australia )
Author: ROKERROBOT

Hi Dave ,
I live at Tamworth , 40 klms north of Werris Crk , I don't have a scanner , I went down to Quirindi last Friday ,due to heavy rain , two loaded PN coals were stowed ,one at Werris Crk and the other further south at Bells Gate loop. While I waited fo my partner at the Quirindi Rly Stn , two Aurizon empty coal trains and a PN empty plus a PN empty grain passed one after another.
Coal traffic is busy , I went down to Newcastle in late August by carand saw heaps of coal trains. The helpers for the Liverpool
Range are based on the northern side just east of Willow Tree , PN are using two TT class diesels and Aurizon two 5000 class now to push coal and grain trains up to Ardglen. I am going to Sydney by train this Friday , so I check out all this action on the way , I record all the trains we pass between Werris Crk and Koolburry on these trips , this is single track controlled by CTC.
The ARTC - Track Corp -on there website- has timetables under Operation Info- Train Plan - updated 16\10- NSW Hunter Valley Region- oo1-200-400-500.
May see you along the track.
GM

Posted from Android

Date: 09/24/16 21:22
Author: Stephenloco

There is a group on Facebook "The Northern Roundhouse", a railfan group based aound the Hunter Valley. They may be of assistance.

Date: 09/27/16 00:11
Author: djsj

Many thanks for your most interesting reply, especially re the ' bankers' .
                                                                                               Regards
                                                                                          Dave Green

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds