Home Open Account Help 391 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Signal Sunday in New Zealand, it's ahead of the rest of the World

Date: 10/16/16 01:01
Signal Sunday in New Zealand, it's ahead of the rest of the World
Author: tq-07fan

New Zealand is right west of the International Date Line so these pictures were actually taken on Signal Sunday whilst many of you were still doing whatever you do on Saturday. New Zealand Railway signalling is an interesting mix of British, Australian and North American signalling practices all combined to some good looking signals and signal aspects. I even saw some blue signals on the South Island that must be relatively new as a former train driver I was talking to on the North Island had not yet heard of them. I only post a few signals from earlier today Sunday Oct 16th 2016.
1) Basic Stop and Stay signal. Notice the reflective sign used instead of an extra red light.
2) Side Profile of another another basic Stop and Stay signal. 
3) A Clear Signal.

Date: 10/16/16 01:02
Re: Signal Sunday in New Zealand, it's ahead of the rest of the W
Author: tq-07fan

All the signals pictured here at station at Wellington. I used the information from nzrailphotos for what the aspects mean. I will eventually post some more signals from New Zealand, it is dark here already and Signal Sunday is a few hours from being over here in New Zealand so it's time to go to sleep after this. 
4) Wellington Signal Box or Interlocking Tower. I think they use signalbox here in New Zealand.
5) This is a Caution Medium Speed with a track designation board showing 48 under the aspect.
6) The next signal lined up for the same train has a Slow Speed light on under what would be a Stop and Stay.

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Date: 11/03/16 18:09
Re: Signal Sunday in New Zealand, it's ahead of the rest of the W
Author: Darryl

The blue lights are used in some track warrent control areas - I think they are more points (switches) indicators than true signals

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0503 seconds