Home Open Account Help 357 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Japan Railway Journal NHK World News channel

Date: 10/20/16 23:22
Japan Railway Journal NHK World News channel
Author: JimBaker

I have just discovered a program called "Japan Railway Journal" on the NHK World Net channel.
It airs three times on Thursdays at 8:30am, 2:30pm and 8:30pm PDST weekly.

Is this program been on before?.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/16 23:23 by JimBaker.

Date: 10/20/16 23:34
Re: Japan Railway Journal NHK World News channel
Author: cchan006

Auburn_Ed mentioned it couple of months ago, inside the Railfan Technology discussions:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,4090495

Date: 10/21/16 00:04
Author: MirandaDepot

NHK recently had a program providing a good summary of steam locomotive (SL, in Japanese nomenclature) operations in Japan. "Japan Railway Journey" is always worth watching (as is most of their programming, believe it or not.)

You may find NHK broadcast as a sub channel on a PBS station or carried on your cable system. Streaming is another possibility. 

If if you get annoyed with the chatter, celebrity focus, and silliness of American television, try NHK...the technology shows are informative, and even the fashion and music shows are interesting. Watch for a while!

Date: 10/22/16 11:37
Author: Auburn_Ed

I watch NHK all the time, it generally puts US television to shame.  I get it as a sub-set over the air from the local PBS station.  My post in August was slightly misleading.  It is "Japan Railway Journal".  I left out "Japan" from the title.  I think it is available 'on-line'.

Ed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/16 11:39 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 11/05/16 18:43
Author: jonjonjonjon

I watch NHK regularly and do so from the app on my iPhone. They keep a couple of episodes of each show available on their app and web site, so you don'tneed a TV at all to watch, or have to wait until it airs.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds