Home Open Account Help 387 users online

International Railroad Discussion > My local steam railway

Date: 11/26/16 23:49
My local steam railway
Author: westfalen

A couple of weekends ago my niece-in-law had her 21st birthday party on the Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway at Swanbank near Ipswich, Queensland.  As I hadn't gotten any video of the operation for a long while, even though it is only a couple of minutes away from my house and they run every weekend in summer, I decided to get a few shots of the morning runs in between doing my grocery shopping and other chores.

The loco is ex Queensland Railways PB15 class 4-6-0 No.448 of 1908.  Sharp eyed viewers may notice the bars on the windows of one of the cars, this car was used by the Queensland prisons department to transport prisoners around the state up until the 1970's.  The track is in good shape as it is still owned by Queensland Rail and used on a regular basis by ballast trains, in former years it was a mining branch with numerous spurs to the many coal mines that used to operate in the area.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/27/16 09:36
Re: My local steam railway
Author: africansteam

Nice work! I was not aware of this Aussie operation. Thanks for giving it some exp[osure!

Cheers,
Jack

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds