Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Railfan Technology > 750GB Seagate External HD sale..online at Staples....

Date: 11/26/08 10:49
750GB Seagate External HD sale..online at Staples....
Author: NscaleMike

For $111.99...final price after instant coupon $89.99!! offer expires 11/27/2008

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=728062

Date: 11/26/08 16:36
Re: 750GB Seagate External HD sale..online at Staples..
Author: QU25C

Thanks i am in need of one bad

Date: 11/26/08 16:53
Author: trainfreek

Well, I just tried to purchase one, and they are SOLD OUT....but at that price, I can imagine why...oh, well better luck next time...thanks for the heads up Mike!

Mark Wohlgemuth
Culpeper, VA

Date: 11/26/08 17:30
Author: QU25C

Wow that was fast i got one

Date: 11/26/08 18:36
Author: Wizard

Look for the best deals at Frys.com

I've bought 5 Seagate's from them at various times and always bought one at a very, very good price

They're anywhere from 320 GB up to their 750 GB FreeAgent model

Plenty of room for those movies & photos !

Date: 11/26/08 19:57
Author: NscaleMike

Fry's has the same Seagate External HD except it is 1TB (Terrabite) for $119.00

http://shop2.frys.com/product/5630501

Date: 11/30/08 18:46
Author: Castle_Romeo

I notice the drive does not have an eSATA connection and only a USB one. This will make upload/download times excruciatingly slow if you happen to have lots of large media files. I'd recommend one that has both eSATA & USB ports.

Date: 12/02/08 11:03
Author: RyanWilkerson

Another nice option is getting an external enclosure like the Antec MX-1 that does not come with a drive. Frys had them on sale for $20 so I picked one up. It has its own fan to prolong drive life and has USB 2.0 and eSATA connections and all the cables, brackets, etc you'd need. You can buy any bare drive that fits your budget and needs like a 500GB, 1TB or 1.5TB and put it in. I like going this route as many external drives lack fans, fast connections (eSATA) and most importantly a shorter warranty in many cases. I like Seagate drives with their 5 year warranty as I've had a good experience running 8 drives from them. Buying a bare drive is cheaper GB for GB. For example, a 1000GB (1TB) Seagate bare drive can be had for ~$100 but an external 1TB is over $140.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 12/08/08 14:51
Author: AdamPhillips

I bought a Seagate hard drive at Comp USA about two years ago. Comp USA gave me my seller's rebate with no problem. I went around and around with Sh*tgate for over a year to get the manufacturers rebate...submitted all the rediculous paperwork several time to at least two different offices. Nutin. I won't take anything from them, not even if they give it to me. Don't need the headache.

Date: 12/08/08 15:12
Author: RyanWilkerson

Rebates are a pain sometimes. There have been recent rebate company bankruptcies that complicate things even more than the individual problem cases. Rebate problems aside, I've been happy with Seagate and Western Digital's performance and drive replacement when needed.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds