Home Open Account Help 399 users online

Railfan Technology > Regency HX1500

Date: 03/19/09 18:06
Regency HX1500
Author: CR6444

Hello all,

I got the Regency HX1500 from a local flea market, and I heard that railfans stated the "best railfan scanner of all" so, I was looking high and low for the instruction booklet on how to program some frequencies and take the old frequencies out (fire and police) Is there any HX 1500 veterans out there would like to help me please?

Thanks so much!

TOMT7X

Date: 03/19/09 18:48
Re: Regency HX1500
Author: mojaveflyer

Follow this link to Radio Reference that has a HX-1500 Manual listed... Good luck, it's an excellent radio!

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/radio-equipment-sale/43744-radio-manuals-some-rare-some-free.html

Date: 03/19/09 19:38
Author: CR6444

Thanks so much.. but I was hoping to find one "now" "on my hands" via Google or others.. LOL

Dont want to wait too long..

Thanks

mojaveflyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Follow this link to Radio Reference that has a
> HX-1500 Manual listed... Good luck, it's an
> excellent radio!
>
> http://www.radioreference.com/forums/radio-equipme
> nt-sale/43744-radio-manuals-some-rare-some-free.ht
> ml

Date: 03/19/09 20:22
Author: bnsfbob

If anybody has a dead Hx1500 or parts that I could acquire, please let me know.

Bob

Date: 03/20/09 05:45
Author: trainmaster3

bnsfbob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anybody has a dead Hx1500 or parts that I could
> acquire, please let me know.
>
> Bob

Going back several years using search, there was a discussion about sending HX series scanners to Uniden for repair. The gist of the thread was that you'd better check with uniden before sending those models out, as parts were getting scarce. However, there was a link provided to a guy who was gathering up dead 1500's for parts/repairs. Try searching HX-1500, you may be able to find it. If you can't find it I'll try to find it and link it to this thread when I get a few minutes.

Date: 03/20/09 06:11
Author: PowellWye

And don't forget the HX-1000 and 1200 are just as good in the rail band. The 1500 was nice because it didn't have a battery pack like the other two. I had both the 1000 and 1500 and loved them both, but eventually parted with the 1500. These all were built by Azden for Regency.

Azden also made 2 meter mobile radios that receive very well in the rail band too. I use one every now and then in the car and it's scanning features well in a word SUCK, but RX is great. The issue with the radio is that is has two 10 channel banks which is all well and good except you cannot lockout memorys/channels. So it is either all the memories in bank A, bank B, both banks or one channel in manual mode.

Date: 03/21/09 04:20
Link for bnsfbob
Author: trainmaster3

I found this doing a quick search:http://www.iinc.com/ggcomm/scanner.html
The link is from 2004 and I didn't try it, so good luck and I hope you find what you need.

Also noticed you've been looking for 1500 parts for just as long, or longer:')

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds