Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Railfan Technology > Best Software For Converting VHS To DVD/Computer

Date: 05/02/09 11:04
Best Software For Converting VHS To DVD/Computer
Author: nssd70

What is the best software to use for converting VHS and Hi-8 tapes to DVD and for uploading videos to You Tube,Trainorders,etc. I was looking at Pinnacle,but am not sure if that's the way to go or not.

Doug

Date: 05/03/09 04:06
Re: Best Software For Converting VHS To DVD/Computer
Author: bert14

Doug,I've used this Sony VRD MC5 for two years and it has been great. Doug----One Doug to another lol
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665185948

Ya still need a Pinnacle or some kind of edit software to do stuff--just got Pinnacle 12 Ultimate for HD video--and have learned ya need a POWERFULL and expensive computer to edit HD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/09 04:12 by bert14.

Date: 05/03/09 06:09
Author: DaveL

I'll second that Bert......My less than one year old laptop won't edit smoothly,
using Pinnacle 12.....BUT, it does work!!

So as not to hi-jack the thread.....I use a JVC HR-DVS1U to convert VHS to Mini-DV.

DaveL....I smell another upgrade for my desktop.....Grin!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/09 06:14 by DaveL.

Date: 05/03/09 15:15
Author: trainfn

nssd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the best software to use for converting
> VHS and Hi-8 tapes to DVD and for uploading videos
> to You Tube,Trainorders,etc. I was looking at
> Pinnacle,but am not sure if that's the way to go
> or not.
>
> Doug

Doug,

It is important to know that you need more than software to do this job. Tape is an analog medium and your computer is Digital. You will need some kind of Analog to Digital conversion device. There are records which allow you to copy a VHS tape to DVD and there are standalone converters which connect between your VHS or tape device and your computer to digitize the video for you.

If your primary purpose is to upload to trainorders or YOUTube, then you want to convert your videos with the converter.

Once something is on DVD, you have to RIP the DVD video and audio, in software, then do some other stuff with it.

Good Luck

Date: 05/03/09 20:23
Author: nssd70

That's why I was looking at the products from Pinnacle. It looks loike they have a software and a device where I hook my VCR or camcorder to and put the videos on my computer's harddrive. Atleast what it loks like from their website.

Doug

[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0902 seconds