Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Railfan Technology > Railfanning from a motor home

Date: 03/25/10 19:00
Railfanning from a motor home
Author: Edwardjb

Well, today I took the first step into retirement by buying a 31 foot motor home. Now I have followed most every western U. S. railroad by car, but with a motor home, I'm sure there will be a difference. It's not like motor-cading the #4449 down I-5. Are there any sources of information available about where to park, how to get into and out of railroad locations for an RV'er? I'm hoping to avoid travel by trial and error here. I'm sure there are some special places that would be ideal for an RV; Marias Pass, several places on each of the Trans-Cons, NOT The Loop, etc. Where is a good spot to look for tips and advice? I know the website 'trackside hotels', but are there others for campers and RV's? Could probably make a discussion forum on this subject, eh?

Ed

Date: 03/26/10 04:28
Re: Railfanning from a motor home
Author: DaveL

Is to safe to assume that you will be pulling a vehicle ?

That will make a large difference in where you can go, both with and without the RV.

DaveL......'02 Ranger with a 19' Scamp 5er.

Date: 03/26/10 08:34
Author: Edwardjb

Actually, I have been contemplating whether or not to tow a vehicle behind. I know there are pros and cons.

Ed

Date: 03/29/10 21:26
Author: chico

Don't forget Wal Mart is friendly to RV'ers who want to park and overnight in their lots.

Have fun!

chico
http://www.heartlandrails.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds