Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Railfan Technology > Steam Simulator Question

Date: 03/10/14 16:55
Steam Simulator Question
Author: stacktrain

Im not familiar with Steam and Im feeling my way through it now. I have TS 2013 and I want to add some more routes. What do they offer as far as BNSF and UP in the Southwest besides cajon and the Sulfliner?

Date: 03/10/14 20:14
Re: Steam Simulator Question
Author: ironmtn

Nothing else that is specifically "southwestern". Going a little farther afield in the American West, there are routes for Donner Pass, Marias Pass, Stevens Pass and Sherman Hill.

Of those, the Sherman Hill route has the most "southwestern" feel, I suppose. Lots 'o sagebrush and quite a bit 'o rock, Wyoming style, of course. I personally enjoy the Sherman route a lot, being something of an "old UP" fan, and having had the privilege to railfan there quite a bit. I also have and enjoy the Cajon route.

And if you want to go still farther afield, there's the just released Canadian Mountain Passes route. Not "southwestern", but certainly Western, Canadian style. Spiral tunnels and all.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 03/10/14 21:19
Re: Steam Simulator Question
Author: stacktrain

i just downloaded the Surfliner with the ES44 package. Running it now. thanks for the response

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0245 seconds