Home Open Account Help 401 users online

Railfan Technology > Run 8 question

Date: 03/27/14 13:12
Run 8 question
Author: stacktrain

When operating in single player mode, will there be other traffic on the route or will i not see any other train?

I have TS 2014 and i like meeting other trains. I'm considering purchasing Run 8 in all its glory but its seems like single player mode does not offer any scenarios or other traffic. My information comes from the few reviews i have seen....but it looks awesome.

Date: 03/27/14 13:16
Re: Run 8 question
Author: myjbh1989

Nothing else. It's a barren wasteland

Date: 03/27/14 13:58
Author: msdgbar

Even though Run 8 Train Simulator lacks traffic in the single player mode it is well worth the $40.But there are static sessions where you can pass other non moving trains. This is the most realistic simulator I have seen in years to come down the line. And yes it's a whole lot of fun to play with. But there is one big learning curve to it and there is a whole lot more to learn at that. You wont get it all in one big bite but you just have to stick with it. You will get the operational points of it eventually. Thanks to the folks at Run 8 Train Simulator for bringing us these wonderful products. I'm looking forward to many more upcoming products as well. I for one love this product. Keep them coming. Thanks.

Date: 03/28/14 19:37
Author: ironmtn

Glad to know that you like Run 8 now that you're gotten acquainted with it. Yup, the learning curve is steep, but it's worth it. The Cajon route should be on its way soon, and then others after that, including some recently announced new third party routes. It seems to be catching on.

The lack of automated or "AI" traffic (as MSTS calls it) in Run 8 remains to me their biggest achilles heel. I agree that static meets are possible in Run 8, and I've set them up and run against them. But moving meets are a whole lot more interesting and realistic (including overtakes, as you can do on the Needles Sub with all the double track). There has been discussion about the lack of AI traffic in Run 8 on the other sim boards such as train-sim.com, and plenty of requests for it. Maybe their attitude has changed, but the Run 8 guys seem to have been uninterested in it in the past.

A big mistake, in my opinion. I have joined many multiplayer sessions for Run 8, both large organized ones, and smaller pick-up sessions on one of the 24x7 servers. Multiplayer is terrific, but sometimes there are just not enough people available when you go on a server to have a meaningful session with a good degree of traffic. And one's schedule does not always jibe with one of the bigger organized multiplayer sessions. I for one believe they are damaging their own franchise by the lack of AI traffic, and by placing the sole emphasis on multiplayer. And I'll put a sharper point on it: were I a potential investor in their enterprise, I would not invest without an AI capability. The lack of it is not a franchise-endangering risk, but it is a significant limitation to customer satisfaction and growth. And for many of us who really enjoy the sim, a real disappointment.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 04/07/14 11:08
Author: goneon66

I think AI traffic would really enhance a m.p. session. out of curiosity, I wonder if it would even be possible to introduce AI traffic in run8 that would be user friendly to spawn and operate?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds