Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Railfan Technology > Yaesu FT-270 - Thanks.

Date: 04/03/14 08:38
Yaesu FT-270 - Thanks.
Author: refarkas

I have had my Yaesu FT-270 for about a week and am getting more familiar with using it as a scanner. Thanks to the Trainorders members who gave me encouragement and help in setting it up. It really seems to add not only miles to the reception but also weaker signals in areas my other scanners did cover. Without the Yaesu ADMS-270 software, I would have given up trying to program it. Thanks for having mentioned the need for the software previously in other posts. Finally, thanks to all who have been posting their reasons for changing to a handheld like the Yaesu. It finally made sense to get one, and I am glad I gave it a try.
Bob
P.S. One last thanks to Trainorders for the "Railfan Technology" discussion group. I am sixty-seven and still learning.

Date: 04/03/14 09:33
Re: Yaesu FT-270 - Thanks.
Author: TCnR

The FT-270 Sensitivity, technically speaking, kicks butt. As I've mentioned in previous threads, I have a 'gain' antenna for the RR band and pick up some amazing traffic with none of the fuss from previous set-ups.

I do use the EOT frequencies quite a bit, which is a missing feature for the FT-270. I went ahead and purchased an FT-60R and was a bit disappointment. It's size is different, it's way of programming is similar but different, haven't been able to find a similar 'gain' antenna because the antenna connector is slightly different. Had I bought the FT-60 first the story would have been different.

They are keepers though. Rugged with good battery life, decent volume, not too bad for intermods (which is probably caused by the 'gain' antenna).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds