Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Railfan Technology > Flash Trigger Question? PW, Apurture, Phottix?

Date: 04/11/14 13:59
Flash Trigger Question? PW, Apurture, Phottix?
Author: RayLewis

I have used pocket wizards so I know how those work. But honestly I have seen where other people are starting to use more affordable options like aperture trigmaster plus II's, which boast the same type of range. Anyone have some cheaper alternatives to pocket wizards?? I should I stick with PW's?

Thank you,
Ray

Date: 04/12/14 07:14
Re: Flash Trigger Question? PW, Apurture, Phottix?
Author: hoydie17

$99 is not that expensive for PWX's...

When it comes to triggers, you get what you pay for.

Date: 04/12/14 10:51

$99....where at other than used on ebay? It adds up when you gotta buy flashes too. I know you know since you have a ton of em. Three kids make $99 alot. I sold my other PWs since the new addition was keepin me from gettin out.
Ray

Posted from Android

Date: 04/12/14 11:05
Author: skyview

I use the small and relatively new Pocketwizard PlusX triggers. Absolutely love them. They are a manual trigger in that you must adjust flash output and/or FStop if shooting portraits, but really quite easy. As for night shots of trains, setting Flash to Full power or 1/2 power will do the trick. Watch some of their podcasts from time to time, and you may get a discount code, dropping the price to perhaps $79... which is what I paid for mine.

Date: 04/12/14 11:11

Does the "X" work like the PW plus IIs? Ie if you have three flashes you just need four of them, or do you need 3 and something else like a transciever?

Posted from Android

Date: 04/12/14 17:18
Author: skyview

3 Flashes would need 4 units, one for each flash plus the camera.
That said, you could use fewer if your flash can be set to remote and they fire when the flash from other nearby flashes go off.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds