Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Railfan Technology > Yaesu radio question

Date: 06/24/14 20:42
Yaesu radio question
Author: cpn456

A few years ago, upon recommendations from TO members, I purchased a Yaesu model FT-250 radio to use as a scanner while railfanning to listen you railroad radios. Does anyone know how to make it scan multiple channels similar to a regular scanner? Over the past few years, I've just been listening to one channel at a time and I haven't been able to find much info on operating the radio (the instructions leave a lot left to be desired!).

Thanks.

Date: 06/25/14 04:18
Re: Yaesu radio question
Author: kgmontreal

I have the same scanner. I program it using only the keyboard as outlined in the manual. It's a time consuming job to enter the frequencies but it can be done.

KG

Date: 06/25/14 16:17
Author: wa4umr

After you have the frequencies entered and saved you can start scanning by pressing the up arrow [▲ MHZ] or the down arrow [▼ MHZ] and it should start scanning. You may need to put it in "Memory mode" instead of "Frequency mode." I think you press the [MW/MR] button. I have the 170 model but I think they are basically the same.

John

Date: 06/26/14 05:56
Author: kgmontreal

Once the frequencies are entered to begin scanning push and hold the top right key on the keypad until you hear two beeps.

KG

Date: 06/26/14 11:15
Author: robj

its all there in the instructions, just requires detail read. pay attention to how long you press mr, also understand modes. once it is done is pretty easy

bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds