Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Railfan Technology > Think Tank Brand Camera Bags

Date: 07/15/14 12:28
Think Tank Brand Camera Bags
Author: CCT41

Looking for anyone who owns, or is knowledgeable with the Think Tank Bags. I am looking at new bags, and really like the Think Tank AirStream Rolling Camera bag, model TT550.

All the reviews I have read are positive, but just curios if anyone here actually owns one of their bags?

TIA,
John

Date: 07/15/14 15:45
Re: Think Tank Brand Camera Bags
Author: bnsftcdiv

I have an older backpack and love it. Tough, with nice features and good padding-protected cameras and laptop when bag fell out of a moving vehicle.

Dave Burman

Date: 07/15/14 17:19
Author: TCnR

Wow, that's pretty severe:

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-airstream-roller-camera-bag.aspx

I'm using a Kata backpack, but I've always traveled light.

Date: 07/15/14 18:39
Author: ChooChooDennis

I spent a career as a cinematographer looking for the perfect bag. :-)

So I like to think then I have some qualification when I say I really like the ThinkTank brand. I have six of their small belt bags and two of the larger ones, the Streetwalker and the Urban Disguise 50 and no other brand at this time.

It was the quality of their thinking, their clever we-thought-of-every-detail design and the robust quality of the finished bags that won me over.

That being said, while Lowe-Pro is the big kahuna of sales, and I like Tenba and Kata, I think that the serious amateur people's choice award would go to Domke.

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

Date: 07/16/14 11:50
Author: CCT41

Thanks Guys,
I just ordered the 550, and am going to give it a try.

Now I need to list my LowePro back pack!

John

Date: 07/23/14 19:01
Author: walstib

I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

I've been using various Think Tank bags and pouches for a couple of years now and I wholeheartedly endorse them. I have several of their modular lens-changer packs, and the Glass Limo for my 300 and I have found all their stuff to be well-designed and sturdy. The modular stuff fits together nicely, too.

The lens-changer line, for example, even has an external pocket to store the lens cap and body cap while you're shooting. Great attention to detail.

I use some of their cord bags, too, for chargers, batteries and so-forth.

I found it difficult to find a brick-and-mortar store that has a good selection of Think Tank products, but I discovered BH Photo online sells pretty much their entire line.

I also use the ThinkTank Hydrophobia line of rain gear. I have one setup that fits my 80-200 mm lens with a body, and another for my 400 mm lens. Both work well and keep the camera dry from rain and snow. It's not cheap, but it sure works well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds