Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Railfan Technology > Would this tablet run ATCS?

Date: 07/17/14 05:59
Would this tablet run ATCS?
Author: howeld

Looking at getting a cheap tablet for kids to beat up rather than our Ipad. If I can steal it for ATCS that is just a bonus.

Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1)
Intel Atom Z3740D Processor (2MB Cache, up to 1.8GHz Quad-Core)
•Windows 8.1
•32 GB Flash Memory, 2 GB RAM Memory
•8-Inch Display

Thanks
Derek

Date: 07/17/14 12:22
Re: Would this tablet run ATCS?
Author: RyanWilkerson

It appears to run Windows 8.1 (32Bit). If it does, it should be able to run ATCS Monitor. You just want to make sure it's the full Windows OS.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 07/23/14 19:22
Author: howeld

Thanks for reply. The tablet arrived today and had ATCS downloaded running in less than an hour. It is a bit of a pain without a mouse moving files and copy/paste addresses, but with a little practice It shouldn't be too difficult.

All i have to do is turn on the wifi hotspot on my phone and log the tablet onto that wifi. Open the atcs program and I am good to go. No need to download remote viewing apps on both phone and home computer anymore and all the advertisements that come with the free ones.

Date: 07/23/14 19:37
Author: RyanWilkerson

Good to hear Derek. Feel free to post a photo of your setup.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 07/23/14 20:02
Author: nicknack

Should be able to use a little wireless mouse and keyboard (logitech is my favorite, lifetime warranty and good hardware) you could add to make it a little portable PC.

Date: 07/31/14 17:06
Author: kneemeister

I have had one for a few weeks. It works great! Get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you have a nice mini laptop. For Train watching get a Stylus to use the Touchscreen in Desktop Mode. I got a real nice Cover that included a bluetooth keyboard for $34.00 on Amazon and the Genuine Dell Stylus was $19.00. Bluetooth mice run from $10.00

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0538 seconds