Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Railfan Technology > Web Camera Information Request

Date: 09/14/14 11:47
Web Camera Information Request
Author: BDPerry

The Tehachapi Depot Railroad Museum has received a gift of a Web Camera. We would like to install it so we can provide images of trains passing the depot. So I have the following questions which I hope someone here can answer of point me in the right direction.

What other equipment is necessary to connect webcam to our internet connection for image upload.

What software is necessary on the website to process the uploads and make ready for viewing, perhaps in a mode like Trainorders?

What other questions should I be asking but, due to lack of knowledge on my part, do not know I should be asking?

Replies can be on this tread, or by PM, or to my e-mail: Museum@TehachapiDepot.com

Thank you in advance.

Bruce Perry
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 09/15/14 19:38
Re: Web Camera Information Request
Author: TCnR

Suggest talking with Todd Clark the TO Webmaster.

With the right equipment they run very well, but the monthly costs add up quickly. What are the specs on the 'Web Cam' that you have?

Date: 09/18/14 11:18
Author: bigjim4life

You can also ask Jim Wrinn at Trains Magazine - they have a few webcams that they host on their website as well.

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

Date: 10/03/14 13:06
Author: jkurt

Hello,

Like tncr says talk to Todd the webmaster. I sure hope you can get one started. IT's been down over 4 years or so now. The west coast is severely neglected of rail cams. The east coast has more.

Regards,

Kurt.

Date: 10/06/14 11:03
Author: JUTower

This is neat. :)

What kind of web cam did you get? What is the distance to the tracks from your probable mounting location? Do you have internet access at that location?

That's a good start. :)
-Alex

Date: 10/28/14 21:03
Author: jkurt

Is there anymore updates about a Tehachapi webcam yet? It's been over a month and a half. Just curious. I hope one can be installed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds